To learn more about Imago, see www.gettingtheloveyouwant.com.
To learn more about Brainspotting, you can visit Biolateral’s website, www.biolateral.com.
To learn more about Somatic Experiencing, you can visit the Foundation for Human Enrichment’s website: www.traumahealing.com.
I am also on the faculty at the Boulder Psychotherapy Institute where I teach a class on Trauma and Body Oriented therapies and a class on Imago and Gestalt Relational therapies.
If you’d like to do some reading, I have listed a few books in each of the following categories that you might find helpful.
- Getting The Love You Want by Harville Hendrix
- Keeping The Love You Find by Harville Hendrix
- Non Violent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg
- Codependent No More by Melody Beatty
- Women Who Love Too Much by Robin Norwood
- The Dance of Anger by Harriet Goldhor Lerner
- The Dance of Intimacy by Harriet Goldhor Lerner
- The Haunted Self by Onno van der Hart, Ellert Nijenhuis & Kathy Steele
- Waking The Tiger by Peter Levine
- The Courage To Heal by Ellen Bass & Laura Davis
- The Trauma Spectrum by Robert Scaer
- Resolving Sexual Abuse by Yvonne Dolan
- Crash Course by Diane Poole Heller
- The Hungry Self by Kim Chernin
- The Obsession by Kim Chernin
- When Food Is Love by Geneen Roth
- Feeding The Hungry Heart by Geneen Roth
- Fat Is A Feminist Issue by Susie Orbach
- Transforming Body Image by Marcia Germaine Hutchinson
- Shame And Body Image by Barbara McFarland and Tyeis Baker-Baumann
- Drama Of The Gifted Child by Alice Miller (a classic)
- Healing The Shame That Binds You by John Bradshaw
- Going To Pieces Without Falling Apart by Mark Epstein
- What To Do Between Birth And Death: The Art Of Growing Up by Charles Spezzano
- The Enneagram by Helen Palmer
- I’m OK – You’re OK by Thomas A. Harris (also a classic)
- When I Say No, I Feel Guilty by Manuel J. Smith