I offer individual consultation and group supervision for mental health professionals.
Consultation/Supervision is a place to:
- Discuss professional and practice building issues
- Consider diagnosis and other treatment issues
- Discuss and role-play clients to get a hands-on sense of appropriate interventions.
- Consider the direction of treatment
- Work out dilemmas related to transference and client-therapist relationship issues.
- Work with counter transference or therapist issues that keep you stuck with a client.
- Discuss ethical dilemmas and questions.
- Build support and community with other professionals.
Supervision counts toward Colorado state licensure. Licensed professionals are welcome and often find group and individual consultation helpful.
Individual consultation/supervision consists of 50 minutes or more of individual time each month where you can discuss client and other practice issues. Cost is $175 for 50 minutes.
In group supervision, you can practice your skills and refine your techniques with guidance from me and the other therapists in the group. The group contains a wealth of knowledge and professional skills that we are able to share with each other. You can role-play clients to gain greater understanding of their issues and your own approach. You can work on personal and professional issues in a safe context. Private practice can sometimes be lonely. If you are looking for collegiality and a place to discuss practice and other professional issues, group consultation/supervision may be the place for you. Each group is limited to four members and meets for two hours a month. Openings come up from time to time in existing groups, and I often start new groups if there is enough interest. Cost is $90 per two hour group.